COURSE STATISTICS AND PROGRAMMING WITH R FOR BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
STATISTICS AND PROGRAMMING WITH R FOR BIOLOGICAL
SCIENCES | CIIMAR – Universidade do Porto
Course location: Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade do Porto. Classroom to be defined.
Docent: Aldo Barreiro Felpeto. FCT researcher. CIIMAR.
Price: 80 €/week (CIIMAR/UP members) 100 €/week others.
Payment info: IBAN: PT50 0079 0000 0826 8888 1037 3 || SWIFT (Bic): BPNPPTPL
Proof of payment required to book the place (send proof to email@example.com).
After effective registration here, a confirmatory e-mail will be sent.
Minimum audience required: 10 registrations 2 weeks before the course.
- The course will be taught in English.
- Sessions 1 – 5 (first week) are independent from sessions 6 – 10 (second week). The first week
consists in an introduction to R language. The second consist in basic statistics, focusing on the
linear model. Those students without any previous background in R, are expected to attend sessions
1 – 5 if they are planning to attend sessions 6 – 10 as well. However, those students with a fair
background in R could attend only sessions 6 to 10.
- A document with an extended summary of the lessons contents and bibliography will be delivered
by e-mail to the students prior to the start of the course.
- Students will need to use their own laptops for the course.
- Students are required to install R in their laptops prior to the course. The necessary instructions to
perform this task will be sent by e-mail one week prior to the start of the course.