CYANOBACTERIA AND CYANOTOXINS IN WATER-SOIL-PLANT SYSTEMS: IMPACTS FOR AGRICULTURE AND WATER TREATMENT STRATEGIES
14 and 15 April | 15:30-17:30 CEST* | ONLINE
The TOXICROP webinar is dedicated to Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs), and aims to create awareness and promote the debate concerning this environmental hazard and the use of raw water, rich in cyanobacteria and cyanotoxins, in agriculture.
1st Session - April 14th – NATURE-BASED SOLUTIONS FOR WATER TREATMENT
Dedicated to emergent technologies and other nature-based solutions under development, including Constructed Wetlands (CWs), to cope and restore contaminated waters
* Harmful algae events (HAB) and water quality in the Ciénaga Grande Santa Marta (Colombian Caribbean)
Luisa Espinosa - INVEMAR – Colombia
* Nature-based solutions for water management: a private sector perspective
Fabio Masi - IRIDRA Srl – Italy
* Nature-based solutions for water management in circular cities
Günter Langergraber - BOKU University – Austria
* Round Table (30min)
2nd Session - April 15th – EFFECTS OF CYANOTOXINS IN AGRICULTURAL PLANTS
Devoted to the effects of cyanotoxins on Agricultural Plants. Effects on plant growth, plant development and contamination will be overviewed given its relevance in assessment of the impacts of HABs in agriculture.
* Subcellular effects of cyanobacterial toxins (microcystins and CYN) and their consequences at the whole-plant level
Csaba Máthé - University of Debrecen - Hungary
* The importance of the developmental stage in shaping crop’s functional response to microcystins-rich irrigation water
Efi Levizou - University of Thessaly - Greece
* Have cyanobacteria and microcystins caused problems in the Finnish agriculture
Jussi Meriluoto - Åbo Akademi University - Finland
* Round Table (30min)
The TOXICROP webinar is composed by 2 sessions on two different days. Each session includes 3 presentations followed by 30min of Round Table discussion. Each presentation will have a duration of 30min: 20min presentation + 10 Q&A. The participants are encouraged to participate using the chat room to place their questions.
Event participation is free of charge but registration is mandatory due to limited availability of seats.