20 Feb 2017
Open Calls for PhD students
CIIMAR offers a range of PhD calls in different researcher fields of marine and environmental sciences (note:calls are dependent on a FCT individual PhD scholarship).
0. Novel probiotics isolated from fish gut microbiota for improving plant feedstuffs utilization,gut health and disease resistance in carnivorous fish species
Supervisors: Dra. Paula Enes (CIIMAR) and Prof. Dr. Aires Oliva-Teles (CIIMAR and FCUP)
Applications including a cover/motivation letter, a detailed Curriculum vitae and the contacts of two possi- ble referees should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until the 26th February 2017.
1. Genome-guided natural product discovery in Cyanobacteria
Supervisors: Pedro Leão & Vitor Vasconcelos (CIIMAR/FCUP)
Applications should include a motivation letter, a detailed CV and the contact details of two potential referees, and sent by e-mail to email@example.com, until February 28, 2017.
2. Efeitos e interações de microplásticos e outros contaminantes ambientais em organismos e ecossistemas marinhos e as suas implicações para a saúde ambiental, animal e humana.
Supervisor: Prof. Doutora Lúcia Guilhermino (CIIMAR(ICBAS)
Applications should sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 1st of March 2017.
3. Biofouling and Antifouling: environmental friendly alternatives to toxic antifouling paints.
Supervisors: Joana Reis Almeida (CIIMAR) and Vitor Vasconcelos (CIIMAR/FCUP)
Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com and include a motivation letter, a detailed CV and the indication of two potential referees until 1st of March, 2017.
4. The Metazoan Endocrine System in the age of the Anthropocene
Supervisors: Miguel Santos (CIIMAR/FCUP) and Filipe Castro (CIIMAR/FCUP)
Applications should include the CV and a motivation letter ation letter and should be sent to Miguel Santos (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Filipe Castro (email@example.com) until the 3rd of March 2017
5. The Loss-ome: the role of gene loss in phenotypic diversification
Supervisor: Filipe Castro (CIIMAR/FCUP).
6. Effects of dietary components and holding conditions on energy use and oxidative stress in fish
Supervisors: Leonardo J. Magnoni & Rodrigo O.A. Ozório (CIIMAR)
Applications should include the CV, a motivation letter and all certifications (including final grades) to Dr. Magnoni (firstname.lastname@example.org) until 10th of March 2017.
7. Exploring the mechanism of natural products with effects on lipid metabolism and obesity
Supervisors: Ralph Urbatzka & Vitor Vasconcelos (CIIMAR / FCUP)
Applications should include a motivation letter, a detailed CV and the contact details of two potential referees, and sent by e-mail to email@example.com, until 10th of March, 2017
8. Coastal structure monitoring based on high-resolution image analysis
Supervisors: Ana Bio (CIIMAR, Coastal and Ocean Dynamics group), José Alberto Gonçalves (CIIMAR, Coastal and Ocean Dynamics group) and Fernando Francisco Veloso Gomes (CIIMAR, Modelling and Coastal Management Group)
Applications should include the CV and a motivation letter and should be sent to Ana Bio (firstname.lastname@example.org), José Alberto Gonçalves (email@example.com) and Fernando Francisco Veloso Gomes (firstname.lastname@example.org) until the 15th of March 2017
9. Coastal morphodynamics and risk assessment
Supervisors: Ana Bio (CIIMAR, Coastal and Ocean Dynamics group) and José Luís Pinho (U. Minho - CTAC, Centre for Territory, Environment and Construction)
10. Fish-benthos interactions in coastal nurseries: exploring patterns of variability
Supervisors: Vânia Freitas (CIIMAR, PT), Ben Ciotti (University of Plymouth, UK), H. vd.Veer (NIOZ, NL)
How to apply: Applications including a detailed CV and a motivation letter should be sent by e-mail to Vânia Freitas (email@example.com). Deadline: March 10, 2017.
11. Blue Biotechnology
Supervisors: Isabel Cunha (CIIMAR), Alexandre Campos (CIIMAR) e Vitor Vasconcelos (CIIMAR/FCUP)
How to apply: Applications shall be send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a motivation letter, a detailed CV and the contacts of two potential referees. Deadline: March 17, 2017.
Photo:Egídio Santos/Universidade do Porto