BIP: Business Ignition Programme
The BIP – Business Ignition Programme is a hands-on technology acceleration programme designed to support the validation of business models for technologies developed in academia.
The programme has three main objectives:
- Identify market opportunities for potential products/services resulting from research;
- Provide the participants with the necessary skills for the valorisation and commercialisation of technologies;
- Support the development of valorisation plans, including the creation of new technology-based companies.
BIP participants will have access to:
- Support and follow-up by one element, with business skills, who will apply their skills, experience and networking to the development of the project, as a member of the team.
- Immersive sessions in technology commercialisation according to the Business Model Canvas and Customer Development methodologies.
- In-class sessions and seminars where experienced tutors will share their experiences and strategies for delineating and validating business models.
- Meetings with mentors who will follow the evolution of teams and facilitate the validation of business models.
During the programme, Customer Development process, developed by Steve Blank, and the Business Model Canvas methodology, created by Alexander Osterwalder, will be applied to help the teams approach the market and find product/market fit. Sonae will be BIP’s business partner providing mentorship to ideas and projects with application in the retail sector.