The research developed comprehends several distinct areas within the field of genetics, such as comparative genomics, molecular evolution and natural selection studies, toxicogenomics , microbial genomics, software development and bioinformatics, modeling of interactions protein/toxin, genetic diversity of toxic invasive species, conservation genetics and ecological studies in endemics or endangered species and wildlife trade and bushmeat genetics.
EVOLUTIONARY GENOMICS AND BIOINFORMATICS
Dutertre S., Jin A., Vetter I., Hamilton B., Sunagar K., Lavergne V., Dutertre V., Fry B.G., Antunes A., Venter D., Alewood P., Lewis R. 2014. Evolution of separate predation- and defence-evoked venoms in carnivorous snails. Nature communications, 5: 3521.
Khan I., Yang Z., Maldonado E., Li C., Zhang G., Gilbert M.T.P., Jarvis E.D., O’Brien S.J., Johnson W.E., Antunes A. 2015. Olfactory receptor subgenomes linked with broad ecological adaptations in Sauropsida. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 32(11): 2832-2843.
Sunagar K., Johnson W.E., O’Brien S.J., Vasconcelos V., Antunes A. 2012. Evolution of CRISPs associated with toxicoferan-reptilian venom and mammalian reproduction. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 29(7): 1807-1822.
Philip S., Machado J.P., Maldonado E., Vasconcelos V., O'Brien S.J., Johnson W.E., Antunes A. 2012. Fish lateral line innovation: insights into the evolutionary genomic dynamics of a unique mechanosensory organ. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 29(12): 3887-3898.
- BLUEandGREEN: Boosting scientific excellence and innovation capacity in biorefineries based on marine resources
- INNOVMAR: Innovation and Sustainability in the Management and Exploitation of Marine Resources
- MarInfo: Integrated Platform for Marine Data Acquisition and Analysis
- CyanoTox: Assessment of cyanobacterial toxins in aquatic systems: environmental impacts and development of new methodologies for their early detection
- SENSORY-OMICS: Animal sensory diversity: innovative genomic solutions to enhance perception of environmental stimuli
- JELLYFISHERIES: Towards an integrated approach to enhance predictive accuracy of jellyfish impact on coastal marine ecosystems
- IGNITE: Comparative genomics of non-model invertebrates
- SeXomics: Sex and the environment: Genomic decoding and the perpetuation of animal life in a changing world
- BUSHRISK: Tracking the bushmeat: a molecular framework for tracing the African bushmeat trade and risks of emerging diseases
- SYMBIOMICS: Omics of marine symbioses: Metabarcoding and metagenomics characterizatio of host-microbe adaptation and novel biosysthetic gene clusters