The main interest is the searching for new pharmacologically active compounds from natural or synthetic origin, through competencies in the rational design, synthesis, structure elucidation, determination of biophysicochemical parameters of bioactive compounds, their biological activities investigation as well as the development of safer environmental products. The long term objective is to obtain novel compounds based on innovative marine bioproducts which can be used as new chemical entities and potential biomedicines and their economic valorization by patent protection.
MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY: DRUG DISCOVERY AND DRUG DESIGN
Cidade H., Rocha V., Palmeira A., Marques C., Tiritan M.E., Ferreira H., Lobo J.S., Almeida I.F., Sousa M.E., Pinto M. (2017). In silico and in vitro antioxidant and cytotoxicity evaluation of oxygenated xanthone derivatives. Arabian Journal of Chemistry.
Fernandes C., Tiritan M.E., Cravo S., Phyo Y., Kijjoa A., Silva A.M.S., Cass Q.B., Pinto M.M.M. (2017). New chiral stationary phases based on xanthone derivatives for liquid chromatography, Chirality.
Pereira D., Lima R.T., Palmeira A., Seca H., Soares J., Gomes S., Raimundo L., Maciel C., Pinto M., Sousa E., Vasconcelos M.H., Saraiva L., Cidade H. (2016). Design and synthesis of new inhibitors of p53-MDM2 interaction with a chalcone scaffold, Arabian Journal of Chemistry.
- BLUEandGREEN: Boosting scientific excellence and innovation capacity in biorefineries based on marine resources
- INNOVMAR: Innovation and Sustainability in the Management and Exploitation of Marine
- Antiincrustante: Overcoming environmental problems associated with antifouling agents: synthesis of Natureinspired nontoxic biocides and immobilization in polymeric coatings.
- QUIMIOCARDIOTOX: Poisoning the heart with anticancer drugs: is metabolic bioactivation or aging promotion the link to the cardiotoxicity of anticancer drugs?
- ACTONP53: Targeting p53 family proteins: on the route to new anticancer agents
- Navigating through marine-derived fungi: bioprospection and synthesis of bioactive secondary metabolites and analogues as chemotherapic agents